Agassiz is a neighborhood school and a Fine and Performing Arts Magnet Cluster Program (FPAMCP) school. FPAMCP is a network of arts-focused elementary schools in CPS. Arts teachers at FPAMCP schools work with students and classroom teachers to provide intensive and integrated instruction in the arts.
Students attending FPAMCP schools:
- Learn and grow in multiple art forms: dance, drama, media arts, music, and/or visual art
- Develop cultural awareness and understanding
- Make connections between arts learning and other subject areas (curriculum integration)
- Are exposed to arts opportunities and environments, both in and out of the Chicago community, whether through visiting artist partnerships, performances, or museum trips
Agassiz is thrilled to continue its partnership with the Chicago Symphony Orchestra through the CSO-Connect program. Each year students explore a chosen theme using classic literature and music as inspiration. They attend concerts both in-school and at Symphony Center, and share their projects with other CPS students in the program, as well as the Agassiz community.
Please click here to read a recent interview of Principal Weber and the importance of the arts in her own experience and at Agassiz.
We would love to have you visit Agassiz during one of our regularly-scheduled school tours so you can see first hand how our school is meeting the educational needs of our diverse student population.
School tours are usually scheduled at 9 AM on the first Thursday of the month. Please contact the main office for more information, or to confirm the date of our next school tour.
If you reside within the Agassiz attendance boundaries, and your child is in grade Kindergarten or above, you can enroll your child at the school’s main office.
You will need to bring all of the following items with you when you enroll your child:
- Your child’s original birth certificate
- Your child’s immunization records
- Two documents that prove you live at your address
If you do not reside within the attendance boundries, you will need to submit a standard lottery application by December. More information can be found on the GoCPS website.
For further information, please contact email@example.com.